MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
October 29, 2013INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - San José State senior quarterback David Fales has been
named Mountain West Offensive Player of the week, while Fresno State sophomore
outside linebacker Ejiro Ederaine and senior tight end Marcel Jensen earned MW
Defensive and Special Teams honors, respectively. It is the second MW weekly
accolade this season for Fales, and first for both Ederaine and Jensen.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DAVID FALES, SAN JOSÉ STATE
Senior, Quarterback, Salinas, Calif./Monterey Peninsula College
· Threw for a career-high 482 yards (27-of-37) and five touchdowns while
also scoring a rushing touchdown as San José State rallied past Wyoming 51-44.
· Scored the game-winning touchdown on a 1-yard run with eight seconds
remaining in the game.
· Set a new MW record with his fifth-straight game of 300-plus yards passing.
· Was 13-of-16 for 279 yards with four touchdowns (one rushing) in the
second half as the Spartans erased a
16-point second-half deficit.
· Became the third quarterback in MW history to record back-to-back games
with 400-plus yards passing (421 vs. Colorado State on Oct. 12).
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
EJIRO EDERAINE, FRESNO STATE
Sophomore, Outside Linebacker, Corona, Calif./Santiago HS
· Recorded a career-high 10 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, including two
sacks as No. 18/16 Fresno State outlasted San Diego State 35-28 in overtime.
· Ederaine's 4.5 tackles for loss equals the most in a single game in the
nation this season. The last time a Fresno State player had 4.5 tackles for loss was
Logan Harrell on Sept. 17, 2011 versus North Dakota.
· With San Diego State trailing 21-14 at the 11:39 mark of the fourth
quarter, and driving for a potential game-tying touchdown, Ederaine picked up an
Aztec fumble at the SDSU 19-yard line and returned a fumble 78 yards for a
touchdown. It was the longest fumble recovery for a score in school history.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
MARCEL JENSEN, FRESNO STATE
Senior, Tight End, Fairfield, Calif./Rodriguez HS
· With the game tied at 28 and San Diego State attempting a 37-yard
game-winning field goal with three seconds remaining in regulation, Jensen blocked
the kick and forced overtime. Fresno State went on to win the game in overtime,