MOUNTAIN WEST PLAYER OF THE WEEK
October 21, 2013INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Fresno State sophomore wide receiver Davante Adams has
been named Mountain West Offensive Player of the Week, while Boise State junior
defensive end Demarcus Lawrence and Utah State sophomore punt returner/wide receiver
Bruce Natson earned MW Defensive and Special Teams honors, respectively. It is the
second career MW weekly accolade for Adams and Lawrence, and first for Natson.
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DAVANTE ADAMS, FRESNO STATE
Sophomore, Wide Receiver, Palo Alto, Calif./Palo Alto HS
* Caught eight passes for a career-high 221 yards with a personal-best four
touchdowns as No. 18/15 Fresno State defeated UNLV 38-14.
* Adams' four TD receptions equals the MW single-game record, held by BYU's
Luke Ashworth (Nov. 13, 2010 at Colorado State) and Utah's Travis LaTendresse (Dec.
29, 2005 vs. Georgia Tech).
* The 221 receiving yards are the most by a MW player since San Diego
State's DeMarco Sampson recorded 257 yards at Colorado State on Oct. 24, 2009.
* Adams' four receiving TDs ties Texas A&M's Mike Evans (four vs. Auburn on
Oct. 19) for the most in a single game in the FBS this season, while his 221
receiving yards rank eighth nationally.
* His 75-yard touchdown reception on the opening play of the game was the
longest play from scrimmage of the season for the Bulldogs.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
DEMARCUS LAWRENCE, BOISE STATE
Redshirt Junior, Defensive End, Aiken, S.C./Butler CC
* Recorded seven tackles, including a career-high 3.5 sacks as Boise State
toppled Nevada 34-17.
* Lawrence's single-game sack total is the most in the NCAA this season. He
became the first Bronco player to record at least three sacks in a game since Andrew
Browning had three on Nov. 25, 2006, also against Nevada.
* Had two sacks on the Wolf Pack's opening drive, including one for a loss
of nine yards on third-and-goal from the Broncos' 6-yard line, which forced a field
* Recorded a 14-yard sack on fourth-and-goal to force a turnover on downs in
the fourth quarter.
* Lawrence and the Bronco defense shut out the Wolf Pack and limited them to
just 127 yards in the second half after trailing 17-7 at halftime.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYER OF THE WEEK
BRUCE NATSON, UTAH STATE
Sophomore, Punt Returner/Wide Receiver, Fort Lauderdale, Fla./Boyd Anderson HS
* Returned a career-high five punts for a personal-best 102 yards, including
his first career return for touchdown on a 65-yard punt return as Utah State won
45-10 at New Mexico.
* He also had punt returns of 15, 11 and 9 yards in the game.
* The punt return for touchdown was the first by an Aggie since Kevin
Robinson returned a punt 70 yards for a score against Nevada in 2007.