BIG TEN FOOTBALL TIDBITS
September 9, 2013INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
• Michigan State's defense is outscoring its offense with four defensive touchdowns to two on offense this season.
• Through two games, Ohio State backup quarterback Kenny Guiton is 20-of-29 with 173 yards and three touchdowns in the air to go with 89 yards rushing and another TD on the ground. He's played critical minutes in both Buckeyes wins.
• Wisconsin had three 100-yard rushers in back-to-back games to start the year. Melvin Gordon (144, 140), James White (143, 109) and Corey Clement (101, 149) have each rushed for 100 yards twice already. They are first, third and fourth in the league in rushing, respectively.
• The Badgers became the first Big Ten team since 2009 and the first UW team since 1958 with back-to-back shutouts.
• Iowa's Mark Weisman rushed for 180 yards and two scores to carry Iowa to its first win of the year. He trails only Gordon for the Big Ten rushing lead by 4 yards.
• Kain Colter returned to the field with 15-of-18 passing for 116 yards and a TD to go with 87 yards rushing and another TD on the ground (11 attempts) against Syracuse. Venric Mark didn't play due to a "lower body injury."
• The Cornhuskers defense allowed 318 fewer yards against Southern Miss (284) this weekend as it did to Wyoming (602) in Week 1.
• Minnesota's Philip Nelson has 205 yards rushing on 27 carries and three TDs on the ground through two games.