MIAMI OPENS AT MARSHALL
August 28, 2013INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
Miami Quick Hits
• The Miami University football team begins its 125th season of football and has an all-time record of 668-410-44 (.615).
• Head coach Don Treadwell is in his third season at the helm of the football team and has a record of 8-16 after back-to-back 4-8 seasons.
• Coach Treadwell returns both his offensive coordinator (John Klacik) and defensive coordinator (Jay Peterson)
• Miami returns 47 letterwinners (20 offense, 23 defense and 4 special teams) and 16 starters (6 offense, 6 defense and 4 special teams).
• Lost to graduation are 25 letterwinners (13 offense, 11 defense and 1 special teams) and 10 starters (5 offense and 5 defense)
• The RedHawks are entering their 125th season of Miami football and have an all-time season-opening record of 79-39-6 (.661) in the past 124 contests.
• As the season begins, Miami will feature a roster loaded with youth. The RedHawks will enter the season opener with 12 seniors, 14 juniors, 23 sophomores and 51 freshmen.
• Saturday’s contest will be the 42nd between Miami and Marshall. The Red and White lead the all-time series 30-10-1, but have not won at Marshall since 1978.
Miami is 79-39-6 all-time in season openers, but has not began a season 1-0 since a 14-13 win versus Ball State back in 2007.
Just Win Baby