IU BASKETBALL NOTES VS ILLINOIS
February 8, 2013INDIANA SPORTS PAGE
Indiana shot 50.0 percent from the field for the game, the second consecutive game they have reached 50.0 percent or better and the fifth time in 10 Big Ten games this season
• The Hoosiers connected on 9-of-17 from long distance in the game, the sixth time in Big Ten play they have made at least eight 3-pointers in a game.
• The stellar shooting from the free throw line continued, as IU went 13-of-14 at the charity stripe against Illinois. Over the last three games, Indiana has made 54-of-59 free throws (91.5 percent)
• The Hoosiers outrebounded Illinois (30-26), winning the rebounding battle for the eighth time in 10 Big Ten games this season
• Cody Zellerjust missed out on a double-double, finishing with 14 points and nine rebounds, two assists and one steal. He now has 935 points in his career
• Will Sheeheyscored 13 points off the bench while also pulling down a pair of rebounds in 24 minutes
• Christian Watfordtallied 12 points and eight rebounds in addition to a block and a steal. He now has 1,583 career points and is seven points shy of Greg Graham for 12th on the all-time scoring list at Indiana.
• Jordan Hullscontributed 11 points and three rebounds. His career point total increased to 1,225, passing Tom Coverdale (1,217) and Steve Downing (1,220) to move into 31st place on the IU career scoring list.
• Victor Oladipoonce again showed his all-around game with nine points, four rebounds, five assists and two blocked shots in 31 minutes. He bumped his career point total to 944.
• Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell chipped in with seven points, one rebound and four assists in 32 minutes of action. He now has 103 assists this season, becoming just the fourth freshman in Indiana history to surpass the 100 assists mark in his freshman season. Isiah Thomas holds the IU freshman record with 159 assist and A.J. Guyton is second with 129. Verdell Jones was the other freshman to reach 100, recording exactly 100 in his first season in 2008-09.
• Jeremy Hollowell nailed a pair of 3-point field goals in the second half for his six points while also dishing out a pair of assists in just nine minutes of play.