1st Annual Atlanta Pigskin Classic -Tournament Information and Schedule
December 5, 2011By Kristopher Gordon of D1Spects Nation
STANDING AND RESULTS
Pebblebrook High School - 991 Old Alabama Road , Mableton, GA 30126
McEachern Youth Football Park- 3820 Macedonia Rd, Powder Springs , GA 30127
*** To enter Cemetery Park turn right Mitchell Street from Buford HWY
Daily admission is $8.00 for Adults, Students under 12 $5.00 , Childern under 6 Free
Each team must register prior to first game . Coaches and players will be issued tournament passes. Coaches must have league identification to qualify for pass. Each team is allowed passes for five coaches only . No exceptions. If coach is not listed on roster form they will not receive a pass.
Birth certificates and players will be verified against the roster you turn in. No player can be
added after the team is registered. Players will receive bands at registration.
Common Playing Rules
Note: Atlanta Pigskin Classic will play under NCAA rules and National Federation of High School football rules.
Note: In the six through the nine year old divisions you can have no player stand over the center what so ever, player can be in a three point or four point stance, but not stand in the gap. Please call tournament director if you do not understand this rule.
Note: Only one coach on the field with 6u. Only five coaches on the side line at any one time.
Note: All teams and coaches need to report to field reps and game officials to register there teams prior to playing there first games , must be 60 minutes before their perspective game times. Team listed first on the schedule is the Home team and must were Dark uniform. Home team is responsible for the chain crew. Team listed second is the visitor and must were white or light color uniform. If the team only has one uniform, must notify the tournament director prior to schedule being made.
1. All games will consist of four (4) equal right (8) minute quarters each.
2. Extra points are awarded as follow: 2 points for kicks and 1 point for a pass or a run.
3. 6U and 7U only one coach can be on the field. That coach is restricted from interfering in any manner of play. If officials determine that a coach interferes, that coach will be ejected from the field of play for the duration of that game and his team forfeit's the right to have a coach on the field for the remainder of the game. Starting at age 6u -8u, coaches can elected to have live kick offs. Ages 9u and above will have live kick offs and punts.
4. Radio headsets will be allowed on the field by coaches.
5. A running clock will be utilized in any game in which any team is behind by 25 points. The clock will not be stopped until the point difference becomes less than 25 points.
6. There will be no smoking, chewing tobacco, or alcohol use on the sidelines before, during, or after the games. Officials will assets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for any violation and the person will be ejected from the playing field.
7. Anyone found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be ejected from the tournament and will not be allowed at any field.
8. If any player, coach, or spectator is ejected by a referee, field representative, or security personnel, the ejection will be for the remainder of that game add continue through the next game.
9. Each team must have a game ball to use during respective offensive possessions.
10. Attempts to use ineligible players or gross team un-sportsmanship will not be tolerated. A board of officials will be convened to handle such matters to include ejection of the offending team for the tournament Head coaches are responsible for the actions of their staff, players and fans.
11. All tied games will be decided by National Federation High School rules.
12. Any topics not discussed are covered by the National Federation School Association and Rules.
13. The Atlanta Pigskin Classic Staff must have access to the "team book" for each teams respective league at least on notarized liability contract, a valid birth certificate from either the States Division of Vital Statistics or a Birth Certificate from the Federal Government or Military and a current photograph taken within the last 6 months of the player attached to the contract before the may participate, Records of Birth from a hospital will not be accepted as appropriate identification.
14. Players may only participate in one age and weight division. Once registered for a particular division, no switching or changing will be allowed.
15. Player of any weight may kick on extra points but not advance the ball if play gets muffed.
16. Age Determing date: September 1, 2011 . If player is on league roster form and has played with the exisiting team
Tie Breaker / At Large Selection