July 1, 2014By Timothy Bowdern of CNR Summer Basketball
As we enter the 4th of July week we hit just hit on a few keys things left as I won't bore you will going back over stuff I already did:
- Scheduling: If you are going to cancel on us at this late point we probably can't re-schedule. The fact is we are about out of space. The only week we had some flexibility is this week and some time next Monday and Tuesday. After that we are booked solid. So please let your parents know that as re-scheduling at this point is probably not going to happen. If you can't play plese give us time to find another team as it's only fair to the other team scheduled. Many of you have already done that and it's appreciated very much.
- Scores: All scores have been updated (except Center St. Louis) and corrected that were sent to me. Once again, give me thedate and correct score when reporting corrections. If you have played at the Center St. Louis or are going to please e-mail me your scores directly. I could tell you they will send me your scores but that would be like waiting around for the Cardinals to score six runs again to get another 50 cent soda at Mobil on the Run.
- CNR Free Games: Now that we are in July due to re-schedules there are a few upcoming free games if anyone wants it. Make sure you check scores so the games are competitive. Here they are in order:
Freshmen or JV Girl's Game: Thursday, July 3rd against SW ILL Jets at Principia Boy's Gym at 7:15 p.m.
Varsity Girl's Game: Monday, July 7th against Parkway North at Parkway North Gym 1 at 6:15 p.m.
Varsity Girl's Game: Tuesday, July 8th against Kirkwood Varsity Girls at Webster Groves Gym 2 at 8:15 p.m.
These are first come first get. Let me know if you want any of these games by e-mailing me ASAP. I won't
waste an e-mail on letting everyone know it's covered. You can simply go those team's schedules and see if
it's still a TBA on their schedule. If it is that means it's still open.
- Needing Players for Organizations or Teams: Remember if you are needing more players for whatever reason for the upcoming fall or winter send us a flier and we can post it. For example, the Storm are looking for 7th or 8th graders for their upcoming girls teams. Things like that. As long as you support us we will support you. We do not favor one organization versus another that plays in our leagues. To view opportunities, you can go to www.cnrbasketball.com and go to the link tournaments and camps. We will change the name of the link in the near future.
- High School Girls' JV Tournament Opening: This is for the week of Dec. 1-5, 2014. This is for obviously high school girls teams only. There is a need for just two more teams. It would be three games at either 4:00 or 5:30 p.m. If you have a JV opening let Jason Yoakum know directly at email@example.com or or 314-808-0833.
I think that's everything needing to be covered. Thanks again to everyone for playing in our league and we hope everyone enjoys their upcoming Fourth of July weekend, Scott.