PIL SPORTS - Spring
CLUB SPORTS - Spring
PIL SPORTS - Fall
PIL SPORTS - Winter
CLUB SPORTS - Winter
BOYS TENNIS: First Day of Districts
May 10, 2012Cleveland High School
Monday, May 7, was a beautiful and very hot day, perfect for playing tennis. Cleveland had 18 players in the District Tournament playing either doubles or singles.
- Milo Gazzola, a sophomore, played one of the most exciting matches of the day. He surprised the crowd by putting up a great fight in singles against a player from Wilson. He eventually lost, but learned a lot about himself and his game.
- Oliver Barr, a freshman, lost his match to a very good opponent.
- Joel Hwee, a sophomore, played an excellent match against a great player from Wilson. He lost in the first round, but won his consolation match later in the day.
- Jeff Yoder, a senior, also lost his first round match to a player from Wilson and also won his consolation match. They will both move on to the next round on Wednesday.
- Sebastian Diblee, a freshman, easily won his first round match, but lost a tough match against a Franklin player in the second round.
- Randy Chen, a sophomore, showed a lot of promise by winning his first round match against a player from Franklin. He battled hard in his second round match against the fourth seeded player from Benson, but unfortunately lost.
- Isaac Lance and Brandon Orozco, both sophomores, lost their first round match against a good team from Franklin.
- Maxwell Cromett and Alex Tracy, both juniors, easily won their first round match against a team from Madison. They lost their second round match to their teammates Ben Lucke and Jonathan Colner, both juniors, who had a bye in the first round.
- Ben Song, a junior, and Philippe Listerud, a senior, won their first and second round matches. They will advance to the quarterfinals with Ben Lucke and Jonathan Colner on Wednesday.
- Sam Nichols, a senior, and Kevin Chen, a junior, won their first match very easily, but lost in the second round to a very good team from Wilson.
- Luoyi Farestrand and Brydon Qualls-Thomas won their first round match, but lost an intense three-set match in the second round to the third seeded team from Benson.