Clubs & Organizations
Announcements for 4.22.14
April 22, 2014By Wynette Jameson of Clear Creek High School
Giving Global members, our meeting will be held in the library after school tomorrow, April 23rd and next Wednesday, April 30.
Giving Global will meet in the library after school tomorrow.
There will be a Drama Club meeting today at 2:45 in the Drama Room. Members will be voting on end-of-year awards and discussing the Theatre Banquet.??Thanks!
Bradley Hewlett, Theatre Director
Spanish Club will have a very important meeting today after tutorials in Ms. Varsos’ room, E112.
If you have been selected to be a part of the PAL Program for the 2014-2015 school year, there is a mandatory parent meeting tonight in the auxiliary cafeteria at 6. Please be sure to come and bring one of your parents or guardians.
Top Ten Reasons to Come to CreekCon from 3-6 this Friday!
10) There will be a costuming workshop.
9) You can dress up in a school appropriate costume as your favorite comic character and participate in the fashion show.
8) There will be table games set up to play.
7) We will be screening anime.
6) It is totally free, BUT you might want to bring money because we are going to have some AMAZING vendors! BedRock City Comics, Ye Olde Card Shop, Empire Central and Helen Hall Library will all be here. You might also get hungry and want to buy food.
5) You know you want to take selfies with you our guest Storm Troopers and Star Wars Characters.
4) There will be an hour and a half workshop taught by graphic artist Jerzy Drozd. He is going to show you the how-tos of comic art and give you tips on getting published.
3) Wiis and Xboxes will be set up for your gaming pleasure.
2) You will get to help judge the art contest!
AND THE NUMBER 1 reason to come to ComicCon 2014 is: It is going to be FUN!
Here is the fine print:
The event is open only to CCHS students. We will be checking IDs/Student Numbers at the door. If you leave there will be no re-entry. The doors for entry will close at 4:00. The event will start breaking down around 5:45, so make sure your ride is here no later than 6pm to pick you up.
Parents and Students,
We would like to take an opportunity to share some important information regarding the upcoming Class of 2014 Prom. This event will take place at South Shore Harbour Resort and Conference Center on Saturday, May 10 from 8:00 p.m.-Midnight. It is a Red Carpet theme, and all attendees will be expected to dress in formal attire. Below you will find some important information regarding prom.
? Students must be clear of all fines in order to purchase tickets.
? If a student from another school is invited, a copy of their school ID or driver’s license must be provided at the time their ticket is purchased.
? No guests 21 or older will be permitted.
? Mr. Majewski will have the pleasure of greeting students at their various forms of transportation as they arrive.
? Formal portrait packages range in price from $20-$75.
? Photo booth prints are $3 for 1 image, or $5 for 3 different poses.
? If a student needs to leave the ballroom for any reason, they will be required to have a chaperone.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Orr’s office in the B-100’s (281) 284-1738. We are looking forward to a memorable evening for the Class of 2014 Seniors!