Clubs & Organizations
JROTC LET Questions
April 2, 2014By Wendell Harris of Clear Creek High School
1. Q: What color socks are worn with the class A or B uniform?
A: Black socks.
2. Q: What type of shirt is worn under the Army green coat?
A: AG 415 long sleeve shirt or short sleeve shirt.
3. Q: The black necktie/neck tab is optional when wearing what type of uniform?
A: Class B uniform with short sleeves.
4. Q: What color t-shirt is worn with the class A or B uniform?
5. Q: What uniform is worn during ceremonies and social functions?
A: The Class A or B uniform.
6. Q: What uniform is worn at summer camps and for participation on special teams?
7. Q: What insignia do cadet officers wear on the garrison cap?
A: Grade or rank insignia.
8. Q: What insignia do enlisted cadets wear on the garrison cap?
A: ROTC insignia.
9. Q: What color t-shirt is worn with the ACU uniform?
10. Q: How is the grade (or ROTC) insignia worn on the garrison cap?
A: On the left side of the cap one inch from the crease and centered vertically between the top braid and the bottom of the cap.
11. Q: How is the JROTC shoulder sleeve insignia worn on the class A uniform?
A: On the left sleeve, ½ inch below the shoulder seam.
12. Q: Where is the Honor Unit insignia worn?
A: One-fourth of an inch and centered above the top of the right pocket (for female cadets it is worn ¼ inch above the nameplate)
13. Q: How are ribbons positioned on the class A uniform?
A: Ribbons are centered on the left side 1/8 of an inch above the left pocket (centered above the horizontal line for female cadets).
14. Q: Describe a rank?
A: Cadet describes a certain rank asked by the inspector. (See all ranks on awards and ranks link, on the homepage)
15. Q: How often must a uniform be worn by cadets?
A: At least once per week.
16. Q: Can a male cadet wear an earring in uniform?
17. Q: What size earrings can female cadets wear?
A: Small spherical earrings not to exceed 1/4 inch in diameter.
18. Q: How should the nameplate be worn on your uniform?
A: Male: Center the nameplate on the right pocket between the top of pocket and the top of the button for males.
For female: The nameplate should be placed 1 to 2 inches above the top button of the coat and centered horizontally on the wearer’s right side. The nameplate will be worn in comparable position on the Class B uniform.
19. Q: What regulation covers the wear of the uniform?
A: AR 670-1 and CCR 145-2.
20. Q: How are shoulder board ranks worn?
A: Cadet officers place the pointed end toward the collar and the flat end toward the edge of the shoulder; for enlisted cadets, place the side with the pointed chevron toward the collar.
21. Q: Are shoulder boards authorized for wear with the class B uniform?
22. Q: What does ACU stand for?
A: Army Combat Uniform.
23. Q: Be able to determine any rank mentally (without visual aid)