HiLife ad contract
Clubs & Organizations
District Sports Schedules
Friends of Clear Creek
Help choir win singing gig with Foreigner!
August 30, 2013By Wynette Jameson of Clear Creek High School
Hey Wildcat family! The Choir has an incredible opportunity, and we need everyone’s help to make it happen. Please feel free to pass this along to any of your friends and family!
Some of you may have heard over the summer about this…
You probably know of the 70s/80s band Foreigner, who climbed the charts with such enormous hits as Urgent, Head Games, Feels Like the First Time, Cold as Ice, Waiting for a Girl Like You, Hot Blooded, I Want to Know What Love Is, and Juke Box Hero. (You know you were just singing them all!!!)
93.7 The Arrow (local classic rock radio station) is holding a contest, and the winner gets to sing on stage with Foreigner at the Arena Theater in two weeks. The Creek Choir Chamber Singers is one of four area choirs from which they’ll choose a winner. Here’s how voting works:
1) Anyone can bring up the 93.7 The Arrow website and click through to the voting page. (Or follow this link: http://www.937thearrow.com/cc-common/contests/?id=252354 )
2) You can watch the videos of each choir if you like. Clicking to watch a video has no bearing on the vote tally. The other choirs are Cy-Lakes HS, Alief Elsik HS, Pearland HS, George Ranch HS, and HSPVA (the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Houston ISD).
3) The drag is that for the next step, you’ll have to set up an iheartradio account with a valid e-mail address. The good news is you can tell them to not send you any e-mails. The other good news is that you’re entering to win two free tickets to the concert.
4) After registering your e-mail address, you can then vote once for Clear Creek High School, and you can do this anytime between now and Friday, 9/6.
5) On 9/6, 93.7 The Arrow will take the choirs who have the most votes and hand those videos over to Foreigner. Foreigner will then choose from those finalists who gets to sing with them in concert. If chosen, our very own Chamber Singers will get up on the Arena Theater stage and literally sing backup to Foreigner while they perform “I Want to Know What Love Is.” We’ll be right up there with them!!!!
Please help us be one of the choirs who has the most votes! Please pass this along to anyone who can help us lead the popular vote!!!
Thanks for the help -
James Park, Choir Director