HiLife ad contract
Clubs & Organizations
District Sports Schedules
Friends of Clear Creek
February 26, 2013By Wynette Jameson of Clear Creek High School
You are in for a real visual treat because our annual VASE (Visual Arts Scholastic Event) art show will be on display in B hallway throughout the day today, Tuesday. Come to see the student work and bring your classes. 95 of our talented students participated at VASE regionals and the CCHS art students brought home a total of 78 regional medals!!! Out of these 78 students, nine will advance with their artwork to state competition on April 6. Those students are:
Marley Foster – 2 state sculpture qualifiers
Madi Borowitz – jewelry
Morgan Barras – jewelry
Kirana Bercich – jewelry
Sami Pringle –jewelry
Sara Wilson – Mixed media drawing
Sabrina Shepard – Mixed media drawing
Hope to see you at the exhibition.
The Clear Creek Varsity Boys Golf team competed in the Galveston Ball Invitational, Monday February 25th at Moody Gardens Golf Club.??The team, consisting of Miles Dean, Joe Hernandez, Brandon Bolt, Jason Huffman and Dalton LeMire, finished first of seventeen teams as Tournament Champions with a one stroke lead and a combined team score of 260.?? Earning top 10 finishes are Senior, Miles Dean, who tied for 5th, and Freshman, Brandon Bolt finishing in a tie for 9th.
DECA will be selling shamrocks to support Muscular Dystrophy Association at all lunches today and tomorrow. Please buy a shamrock for $1 or a gold shamrock for $5.
1. All juniors will be taking their Exit-level ELA TAKS on Monday, so everyone (including dual credit students) needs to be here for that.
2. All students need to be here Monday-Thursday for Benchmark testing… 9th and 10th will benchmark Monday through Thursday and 11th Tuesday through Thursday
3. Students will need to bring their own snacks, but snacks need to be limited to water to drink and snacks such as crackers, goldfish, or pretzels. No chocolate, chips, or anything sticky. No cokes or any kind of colored drink will be allowed.
4. Students are allowed to bring a book to read after testing is complete, but no electronic readers of any kind are allowed. Students should leave electronic devices at home.
5. Testing rosters and locations will be placed throughout the building later this week… students should check these to ensure they know where to go on testing day.
There will be a Spanish Club meeting today after tutorials in Ms. Varsos’ room.