HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS
2013 Girls Swimming/Diving Sectional Information
January 27, 2013By Andy Elkins of Cascade High School
2013 IHSAA Girls Swimming & Diving Sectional #11
Hosted by Avon High School
Thursday, January 31 and Saturday, February 2, 2013
Avon - Cascade – Danville – Greencastle - North Putnam - Plainfield – South Putnam –
Terre Haute North - Terre Haute South - Tri-West - West Vigo
Thursday, January 31, 2013
3:30 Pool opens for warm-up
4:30 Scratch meeting for coaches or representatives (attendance mandatory)
4:30 Doors open to public
5:30 Session #1 - Swimming prelims begin
Saturday, February 2, 2013
7:30 Pool opens for diving warm-up
8:00 Final diving entries due at score table (completed & signed)
8:00 Doors open to public
8:15 Scratch meeting for coaches or representatives (attendance mandatory)
9:00 Session #2 - Diving prelims begin
11:00 Pool opens for swimming warm-up
12:00 Scratch meeting for coaches or representatives (attendance mandatory)
12:00 Doors open to public
1:00 Session #2 (cont) - Swimming and diving finals begin
Session #1 - Thursday, January 31st $6
Session #2 - Saturday, February 2nd $6
SEASON TICKET – good for both sessions $9
The Principal, Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director and bus driver will be admitted by identifying themselves at the ticket table. Only one student manager, one trainer and two coaches, along with competitors, will be permitted on deck during the competition.
Video operators must film from the stands. Tripods are not permitted. Please provide your own power source (battery).
A trophy will be awarded to the winning team. Ribbons will be presented to individuals and relays placing 1st through 8th in each event. Presentations will be made after the finals heat of the following event.
Diving score sheets will be submitted electronically to the sectional host by 12pm without penalty on Wednesday, January 30, 2013. Send all dive sheets to Tournament Director Corey Sprout. Dives may be changed until one hour prior to the diving on Saturday morning of the sectionals. EXCEPTION: An error in listing the position of a dive may be changed when discovered.
The participating coaches will select seven diving judges.
WARM-UP & COOL DOWN
The pool will be open during diving for warm-up/cool-down. Diving will be permitted during the swimming prelims on Thursday. The diving area will be used during the consolations and finals for swimmers to warm-up or cool down.
A meet committee consisting of the Tournament Director, Referee-Starter, Assistant Starter and two coaches selected by the coaches at the scratch meeting will serve in an advisory capacity if the Starter-Referee wishes to consult with the committee.
PLACE 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
IND. EVENT 16 13 12 11 10 9 7 5 4 3 2 1
RELAYS 32 26 24 22 20 18 14 10 8 6 4 2
Ties will be broken according to National Federation Rules
ORDER OF EVENTS
State Qualifying Standard
200 Yard Medley Relay 1:50.31
200 Yard Freestyle 1:54.24
200 Yard Individual Medley 2:09.29
50 Yard Freestyle : 24.29
1 Meter Springboard Diving
15 Minute Intermission
100 Yard Butterfly : 58.47
100 Yard Freestyle : 52.81
500 Yard Freestyle 5:07.11
200 Yard Freestyle Relay 1:39.79
100 Yard Backstroke :58.90
100 Yard Breaststroke 1:06.97
400 Yard Freestyle Relay 3:38.41
• Each school is responsible for its own valuables. We suggest that these be placed in custody of a parent or other responsible person. We will have locker rooms available, but not necessarily lockers for individual use. You may bring locks and use lockers if available.
• Each coach is responsible for the conduct of his team.
• Only Participating swimmers, coaches and managers are permitted in the dressing rooms and on deck
• In accordance with IHSAA rules; no banners, signs, balloons, posters, or noisemakers will be allowed.
• All teams and fans enter through the west doors (Door #31) by the main gym.
• Unless earphones are used, no portable radios will be permitted in the pool, locker rooms, or entry hallways.
• A concession stand located just inside the pool area, in the balcony, will be open during all competition.
• A hospitality room will be available for coaching staffs, event workers, and school personnel
• Results will be posted on the wall near the concession stand and on the pool deck.