December Meeting minutes
January 2, 2014By Rick Volavka of Coon Rapids Fastpitch Softball
Coon Rapids Softball Booster Club: 12-9-2013 Board Meeting Minutes
Start time: 6:35 pm
End time: 7:45 pm
- Coach Zach Nienaber
- Kim Orlikowski (President)
- Rick Volavka (Secretary)
- Stephanie Anderson (Treasurer)
- 1 parent attendees (Jason Thoen)
Treasurer’s Report –
- Stephanie handed out Treasurer’s report. Report shows balance of $5,693.57 as of 12/8/2013. She also handed out a preliminary budget for 2014 that includes expected future expenditures and projected fundraising numbers.
General Meeting –
- Discussion about salary for assistant coaches for the upcoming season. Coach Zach suggested that we agree to a total amount that he would distribute instead of a slotted amount for each individual coach. He also requested a total of $5200.00 for coaches, an increase of $500 over last year. This would allow him to add an additional coach to float between the 9th grade and “B” teams.
After the meeting the board agreed to $5200 for assistant coaches.
- Coach Zach shared that he had signed up for concession stand duties for 2 wrestling meets as an additional fundraiser for the program Dates for these meets are January 2nd and January 31st. They will require a minimum of 1 adult and 2 students to work the evening. Coach Zach hopes that this will bring in $200-$400.
- Presidents Day volleyball tournament was discussed. We have the gym reserved for the weekend. Stephanie is going to reach out to Shayla about staffing.
- Windscreen update. Rick provided information from the company we are purchasing the windscreen from that they are offering a 10% discount in December. The discount would allow us to move up to the next grade windscreen for an additional $142. The next grade up comes with a 5 year guarantee where as the one we are looking to order comes with a 2 year guarantee.
After the meeting the board approved to move up to the Premium Mesh screen that comes with the additional 3 years on the guarantee
- Coach Zach informed that we have the gym reserved March 29th for the Hit-A-Thon fundraiser. Additionally he said that the Youth Clinic that we used to do with the CRFA youth program will return this year.
- Offseason Hitting/Strength and Conditioning was discussed. Stephanie brought a flyer and Coach Zach is going to pass it on to Captains for distribution to girls. The cost is $150. The board is still discussing what our contribution will be.
The board has decided that we will pay $50 of the $150 for each participating girl.
- Coach Zach has said that we will need new bats at every level. He also made a request for an iPad for the program.
After the meeting the board approved the purchase of an iPad and it has since been purchased.
- The board discussed Senior Night/Youth Night with Coach Zach. There was discussion regarding contacting Andover to move the Wednesday May 14th game to a Friday night game. Also discussed having the Lions run the concessions that evening.
- Coach Zach discussed a tournament for the Varsity and 9th grade teams at Cooper on May 10th. The cost would be $150/team.
- Next Booster Club meeting will be held at Tanners on Monday January 13th @ 6:30 PM, all are welcome and encouraged to attend.