Blue Jays in College Athletics
Camps & Clinics
Blue Jay Football 10th-12th Grade Letter
June 21, 2010Washington High School
Dear 2010 Varsity WHS Football Team Members and Parents,
I hope that all of you have enjoyed the last two weeks of Blue Jay Football Camp. We, as coaches, are extremely excited about the challenges and opportunities that lie in front of us with the 2010 football season. Remember the goals you have set as a team and individuals. As I have told many Seniors, we have already embarked on our 2010 season and the success, or lack of success, we have this fall will be directly correlated with our work this summer.
As we wrap up a successful 2010 Football Camp I want to pass on some reminders for the upcoming season.
1. The first day of practice is Monday August 9th from 7:30 to 1:00pm, do not be late.
2. Physicals need to be turned in before participation in practice is allowed.
3. Players must participate in 14 practices before being eligible to participate in competitions.
4. We will have an additional camp this year running from July 19th-22nd from 8-10am for all 10th-12th grade student athletes.
5. We will continue to lift weights on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7-8am until July 22nd. Please be involved and make a commitment to improving physically.
6. Begin to prepare yourselves for the heat of August.
7. If you are a QB, RB, WR, LB or DB, we will have 7 on 7 (more than likely vs. Borgia) every Thursday morning after weights starting on June 24th. Make a commitment to 7 on 7 for the rest of the scheduled dates.
8. Any updates or changes will be posted on our football website at www.bluejayfootball.ihigh.com/.
9. DEAD WEEK is Saturday July 3rd-Sunday July 11th, there will be no weights or football activities during this time. Enjoy your break!
Again, we appreciate your participation in the Washington High School Football Summer Camp. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me. I cannot wait to embark on a successful 2010-football season. Have a great summer!
Head Football Coach
(636) 231-2200 Ext 9958