9th Grade Tryout Information Nov. 12,14,15
August 21, 2012By Greg Miller of Robbinsdale Armstrong Basketball
Armstrong Freshmen Boy's Basketball 2012-2013
Important Dates and Tryout Information
Welcome to AHS basketball! As usual, we have high interest in our program. Tryouts are M,W,Th, Nov. 12,14,15 from 2:30-5:00 in AHS community gym.
for making our teams:
We look at physical talent, skill, mental approach to the game, attitude on the court and in school, and academic performance as some of the main criteria for deciding who makes all of our teams.
- We keep approximately 18 players depending on how many fit the above criteria.
- We have two teams (A and B) that practice together after school.
- Your Coaches will be Mr. Weber and Mr. Tate
- If your report card indicates poor grades and/or poor behavior, this may be reflected in our team selection.
- The teams play approximately 25 games that are played on weekdays. There may be one or two weekend tournaments, including one during winter break at Edina.
- We practice either, 2:45-4:15 or 4:15-6:00. You must have transportation home from practices on the days we practice till 6:00.When practice times begin at 2:45 this season- you will be able to take the activity bus home from practice. You must go to the west side of the building to get picked up (car or bus).
- Games are usually at 4:00
- The school provides busses to away games; parents must pick you up at AHS when returning from away games.
- Playing time is not equal and is based on performance in practice as well as attitude and attendance.
- You must be invited to try-out for any team higher than 9th grade.
- Based on tryouts some players may be given a chance to compete for a higher level team at some point during the season.
- The main goal we have for every player is to improve as a player and as a person.
You can tryout only if you have completed the registration process:
- You must have a physical on file in the athletic office. (Check this early in the fall!)
- You must have parent/guardian signature(s) as well as your own on the Armstrong Athletic Registration Form if you did not play a fall sport at Armstrong.
- All athletes must complete a health information card, even if you played a fall sport.
- You must pay the $210 fee before tryouts to be eligible to try out. If you are on free or reduced lunch there is a discount, so see Sharon in the athletic office if this is the case for you.