TRYOUTS TOMORROW - SEPT 14th
September 13, 2013By Kelly Abbas of Andover Girls Traveling Basketball Association
- Tryouts are tomorrow , September 14th. If you are not sure what time your daughter's tryout is you can find the schedule here. Please have your daughter at the school 30 minutes before her tryout time so she will have adequate time to warm up.
- The tryout fee for those who registered prior to 9/1 will be $20. The fee for those who signed up after will be $35. (There is no fee for 4th grade)
- Results will be posted on our website (www.ihigh.com/agtba) by Sunday morning. An email will be sent to all participants as soon as the results are posted.
- Sizing for uniforms will take place at tryouts.
- There will be other apparel for purchase at tryout. (Sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc).
TEAM SELECTION/MANDATORY PARENT MEETING
- If your daughter is selected to be on a team you will need to attend a mandatory parent meeting on Thursday September 19th from 6:30-7:30PM in the cafeteria at OVMS.
- You will need to bring two checks to tryouts. The first check will be for the fee to play, a uniform and the fundraising fee. The second check will be for the volunteer fee. You can find the fees here. CASH OR CHECK ONLY PLEASE
- Additional apparel will be available to order at the parent meeting for those who wish to have more AGTBA gear.
- Fundraising information will be available at the parent meeting on 9/19.
- Team will be made up of 7-10 girls. If a grade level only has 15 girls try out there will be an A and B team made. The A team would consist of 8 players and the B would have 7. The board and coach would make every attempt to recruit an 8th player for the B team.
- There is a tentative tournament schedule set and that will be available at the parent meeting.
- Not all teams will attend every tournament this year. Which teams attend each tournament will be chosen by the board with input from the coaches once teams are formed.
- If a team does not attend one of the schedule tournaments they have the opportunity to play in any of the free tournaments, should they choose to.
- AGTBA was given a generous donation by the Andover Football Association. We've chosen to use these funds for skills and agility sessions with Vantage Sports. Days and times for the sessions will be chosen at a later date
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Each participant in AGTBA, along with their parent, will be required to sign a Code of Conduct. These will be distributed at the parent meeting . Each coach will also review expectations with their team.
If you have any further questions you can contact our president, Bob Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or our general email address, email@example.com. Also be sure to find and LIKE us on Facebook.
Thank you all again for your interest and support of Andover Girls Traveling Basketball. And good luck to all the girls on Saturday! We're looking forward to a great season.
Kelly Abbas AGTBA Communications/Website Director