Minnesota State High School League Webcasting Policies
February 6, 2012By of Minnesota
PROCESS TO STREAM / WEBCAST SUBSECTION,
SECTION & STATE TOURNAMENT EVENTS
In order for a school, group or individual to stream / webcast a subsection, section or state event, you must go through the proper steps to obtain permission. Permission must first be granted in order to stream / webcast. Please follow the steps below to be in accordance with Minnesota State High School League media policies (www.mshsl.org/mshsl/publications/2011_2012_Media_Policy_Manual.pdf).
1. The Minnesota State High School League owns exclusive webcast rights for all subsection, section & state tournament games. If the League is webcasting the event, schools CANNOT webcast the event.2. Online application must be made for webcast rights at all levels of all tournaments. To apply for webcast rights, go to www.mshsl.org/web.Applications must be completed before specified deadlines.
3. KSTC-TV has been granted the right of first refusal to broadcast or webcast any subsection, section or state event. KSTC-TV has contracted with Grand Stadium to provide exclusive webcasting of select championship events.
4. The League office will notify subsection, section and state tournament managers, as well as applicants, after contracts have been approved and any applicable rights fees collected.
5. YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WEBCAST without approval of the Minnesota State High School League.
6. Please contact Yvonne Walsh, Ellen Rajkowski or Howard Voigt at the League Office (763-560-2262) with any questions.